Saturday, April 3, 2010

Sorry, I've Been MIA!

Well, I guess I've been missing in action on the blog here for a while as Kirsten pointed out! It's funny, this pregnancy has been SO easy, it's almost life as usual around here, which is probably why I haven't had much to post about. K and C are probably hoping this baby boy will be just as easy on the outside as he has been in utero! :)

Here's a random smattering of thoughts for you:

I am feeling great, really, no problems at all. I'm just going about my life, being a stay at home mom, homeschooling my kiddos, and trying to keep up with the housework.

I am starting to show a lot more now, which is nice because before I kind of felt like I was in the "is she pregnant or just chubby stage"...ha ha. ;) Now there is no mistaking that it's a baby in there, and not just some extra weight!

Speaking of weight, I am not weighing myself. I'm not going to worry about how much I am gaining/not gaining at this point. Given that I didn't throw up at all in the first tri, I know I'm not losing anything. :)

I am feeling kicks pretty much every day or every other day now. It's not frequent, but they are definitely baby kicks.

Many people wonder how my kids feel about it all. Truthfully, they are fine with it, it's par for the course now, after having done one prior surrogacy. They often will pat my belly and say hello to the boy as they go about their days. They know this baby won't be coming home with us, and they are okay with it.

I have crazy dreams when I am pregnant. Last night I had a dream that someone was in the house, under my bed actually, and when I tried to get out of bed, they'd grab my hand and wouldn't let me. When I (in the dream) woke my husband and asked him to turn on the light, neither of our lights would turn on. I had a terrifying feeling that I needed to save my children before I woke up. When I woke up, I had to use the restroom, but the dream had scared me so much that I actually woke my husband up and had him turn on the light so I could use the restroom. I was afraid to go down the hall in the dark, lol.

And lastly, we have another ob appt. on Tuesday. I'm going to try to set up an appt. for a second opinion on the C section issue pretty soon here.

2 comments:

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

Thanks for the update!!!

N said...

yay for a Jenn post! I'm so glad everything is going so smoothly for you. I bet it's nice to have fewer appointments than with the twins. :)

I hate that kind of dream where you DREAM that you have woken up and something is still wrong! It's so scary! I totally know what you are talking about. I have those too, but not just when pregnant. :)