Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So, I'm the GS!

Since Kirsten so graciously offered to share her blog space with me, I thought it'd be nice if I said a little bit about myself for those of you who don't know me!

I'm Jenn, Kirsten and Chris' GS. I met Kirsten through a mutual friend, and now we attend the same small group together. I'm 27, and have been married to a wonderful man for 7 years. I have two beautiful children of my own, and completed one surrogacy journey in 2008, which resulted in boy/girl twins.

Once I finished my first journey, which went incredibly well, I couldn't imagine working with anyone other than the couple I delivered the twins for. We were a great match, and I had grown close to them throughout the journey, so I just didn't see myself becoming a surrogate again unless they wanted to do a sibling project.

Not so. After I met Kirsten and Chris and heard a bit of their story, I began to feel a burden in my heart for them just the same way as I did the first time around. I could see how much they loved and enjoyed the little ones they already have, and wanted to help them have more children in any way I could. I asked my husband about offering to carry for them, and asked our mutual friend for advice on whether she thought it was a good idea to offer. I did some thinking and some praying, and took a chance in offering to carry for them.

As you know, Kirsten, Chris and I have completed one failed surrogacy cycle together already. It was my first failed cycle as a surrogate (having previously had one cancelled cycle and one successful with the other couple), and it was definitely not an easy thing for me to accept, though I'm sure my feelings were nothing compared to Kirsten and Chris. Still, I knew that I didn't want this journey to end in that way, so I am glad that we are moving forward again.

I am in the midst of the mock cycle, which so far is going great! I am excited to move on with this new cycle, and hope and pray that this time we will be successful and Kirsten and Chris will be blessed with another child or two to love.

No comments: