Monday, May 3, 2010

It's getting closer

Time is ticking along. Jenn is getting bigger, summer is getting nearer and we are closer to meeting our little boy than we ever thought would happen. Things are pretty quiet on the baby front, thankfully. Jenn seems to be happy and healthy, I don't *think* baby boy is giving her too much trouble, although I think she could do with less kicking and more sleeping! I, for one, am still in shock that we are welcoming a new addition into our family soon, but I can't wait to bring him home and already feel he is part of our family even though we haven't met him yet.

I admit I am also starting to get a little freaked out at how I will cope. Usually I don't worry much about these things, best to just let them happen and deal with the logistics as needed. However, S and J are proving to be very difficult right now, my nerves are frayed, my patience levels are almost at zero and adding one more to the mix is starting to make me think I am headed straight for the crazy house.

I realized yesterday, of course I am eternally grateful to Jenn for giving us the opportunity of expanding our family in a way we could never have done, but I am also grateful on a more daily basis that SHE is doing all the hard work and carrying our son for me!! I feel like a team, she is doing all the hard work now (I am in awe that she looks after two little people AND is slowly expanding her waistline for us and all that goes with it!), and I will take over and do the hard work as she recovers from this journey. I have tried to imagine taking care of S and J on a daily basis and dealing with pregnancy and I just can't get my head around it. Thank you Jenn!

We have an appointment tomorrow so hopefully we will get to hear a little heartbeat and find all is well with Jenn and our baby boy.

We are 99% sure that we won't be changing our minds on our sons name, so from now on baby boy will be replaced with "Evan".

I love his name!!

2 comments:

Donnadman said...

LOVE Evan! Rest assured....Auntie Donna loves newborns and preschool is right around the corner...they might start napping again then..Danny does sometimes cuz he is pooped! Love and miss you! Let's make a plan!

Hollyn said...

I really like Evan. You're great at picking out names. I was beginning to wonder if you were going to post on how things were going! :) I'm glad Jenn is doing so well. You're going to do just fine with 3. You still have several months before Evan comes home. S and J will be well on their way to 4. You're going to do great, but no more mini-cooper for you. Three carseats won't fit any better in that thing than 2 would! :)