Saturday, January 16, 2010

I am starting to believe (just a little bit)

............that this might really be happening.

Every so often I let my mind wander to what it will be like with a set of 3 year old twins and a newborn. If I'm honest, it's quite impossible to imagine since I have no clue what a newborn is actually like / needs / does. I am unequipped in this area. My experience starts at 14 and a half months times 2 and even that was quite a blur.

When I begin to dream and believe I am bought back to reality by the IVF veteran and infertile side of me who just knows way too much. A heartbeat is a good thing, I know the statistics, but I also know of way too many real woman who saw the heartbeat but never had the joy of meeting their child.

This will pass I know, every week will be a week closer to the miracle of a new life in our family. Every night we pray for God to keep Jenn and our little bean safe from harm, he's heard our prayers before, I know he's a busy man but I hope he has the time to listen to us now.


eta: I just realised I never did a blog entry about hearing the heartbeat! Jenn updated (thank you) since I was sick the day of the last ultrasound and didn't log onto my computer for a couple of days. Chris, myself and the kids all went since we couldn't find a sitter! It was a lot of people in a very small room, but it was fine and we saw exactly what we hoped to see and that was a flickering little heartbeat! I can't remember a whole lot since I really was quite poorly, but second to seeing a positive pregnancy test, it's probably the most amazing thing I've ever seen! Sarah and Jacob were both given a copy of the ultrasound picture and they have named the new baby Ariel. I'm not sure if we'll be sticking with that, especially if it's a boy!

No comments: