Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bye bye crib bumper

It's official the crib bumper is coming out before baby Evan enters his crib. I was pretty sure I had already made that decision after Natasha directed me towards the possible dangers of crib bumpers, but after seeing a picture today of a friends baby who managed to detach the crib bumper and sleep on the other side of it next to the bars I am one thousand percent sure it's coming out. We didn't use bumpers with the twins as they were already too old when we bought them home, so I had no clue they were a problem. I wish stores would stop selling them as such a *normal* crib product, I think it's really time they pulled them from the shelves, it's just not worth the risk.

I will be keeping the bumper, just to look pretty, until baby Evan starts sleeping in the crib and then it's going in the trash. I'm not even going to pass it onto charity so that way I can't give someone else the chance of making the mistake I almost made.

There is so much to learn and even being the parent of three year old twins can't teach me all I need to know about the baby stage. I am so lucky to have friends to give me the help I need!

2 comments:

erin said...

hey, pass it on to someone who sews or crafts near you...if it matches a set you bought, they can use it to make another accessory, maybe a wipes cover or something!...that way it's not wasted money, but you still don't have to worry about a baby's safety!

Stacey said...

hey you you need to the stuffing out and send it over to Auntie Enid she'd be able to make something useful out of it! Loving reading the blog- very exciting!
Hope you are all ok
Much love Stace xxxx