Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I feel queasy already


In order to attempt adoptive breastfeeding you need to supplement with herbs to ensure a good supply. Today I received my gigantic herb order and I am feeling queasy already! I have to take three of each three times a day, and yes each capsule is indeed as huge as it looks in this picture (think horse pill).

Just looking at them throws me back to the days of acupuncture during IVF cycles when my doctor directed me to take a bazillion foul smelling herbs each day then too.

I haven't dared open the top yet for fear of what smell will offend my nostrils.

I REALLY REALLY hope adoptive breastfeeding works and Evan thinks this was all worth the effort. Somehow infertility never really goes away, does it?

6 comments:

Heather said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful that you are going to attempt this - I am sure no matter the amount it will be a beautiful benefit! Congrats on taking this important step!!! :)

erin said...

what an awesome thing to attempt this...praying it works!

N said...

OMG I hate the smell of those herbs too. It's all for a good cause though. :)

Unknown said...

How exciting!

Greta said...

That Fenugreek will actually make you smell delicious - like maple pancake syrup! LOL Seriously, you won't need deodorant because your "natural" smell with be maple. It worked really well when I took it. Good luck!

Stacey said...

I've never heard of this before Cous- hope it all goes well and works out for you- those look like huge tablets - ouch!! XXX