Saturday, June 12, 2010

So I took my 3 hour glucose test today...

and, it appears that I passed! I'm sure we will hear more from the doctor concerning the results, but I checked my numbers online and it appears for each threshold (the threshold is different for each hour that passes by), I am under the limit, so I think I passed. :) What a relief!

For those curious about what the 3 hour test is like, it goes like this: You fast for 12 hours prior and then go to the lab for a blood draw. That is your fasting draw. They make you drink 100g of glucose "soda" and then on the hour for the next three hours you have a new blood draw. You may not eat until all four blood draws are completed. Yes, my arms look like I am a druggie, lol, but I passed, and that is all that matters!

1 comment:

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

Hurrah!!! Well done Jenn, I know that's a big relief for all of us, but most especially you!!