Sunday, July 11, 2010

Good or bad?

So, here is my first 24 hour pumping effort (just under 1oz). Doesn't look like much for pumping every 2 to 3 hours through the day and night does it?! I don't think baby Evan would be impressed. I already know this is going to be hard work. I hope things improve, it's early days yet, but being available to pump every 2 to 3 hours is very difficult! After today I can go down to every 3 hours, sounds like a huge improvement, I figure I can do 7am, 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 10pm, 1am and 4am. Sounds lovely doesn't it?!!

(The little people have already shown interest and Sarah has pointed out the lack of milk! Thanks for the encouragement little people!)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Actually, that is VERY impressive!! Good job! Now quick and freeze it before it goes bad! :)

Donnadman said...

I agree with Jen! When I saw the picture before I read your words...WOW was what came to my mind - that's great! It's working! Breastmilk is liquid gold and so great for your baby! I'm so proud of you - keep up the good work. I looovveed nursing, and only wish I could have nursed, Daniel. I actually tried...offered but he was too old. xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

FREEZE it! Everybag is a future moment to yourself; t could be a daddy does a bottle while you sleep, or a date out!

Good job lady!

erin said...

i am HUGELY impressed with your commitment to do this...

and i think that's a great start!...

i STILL have dreams about nursing - it was such a special thing...

N said...

It really is awesome that you are doing this - I can imagine that it seems disheartening at first to pump and pump and not get as much as maybe you thought, but you are supposed to get more and more as time goes on and it will all be worth it!

ryleeandella said...

That is REALLY good for your first 24 hours. I got literally ONE drop in the first 24 hours, and then NOTHING for at least 2 more days...not even a drop. You might be a really good producer if you are already getting that much in your first 24 hours.

Erin said...

Wow is right! I barely had anything the first few days. We had to supplement with formula. You are doing great and I am so proud of you. Can't wait to meet baby Evan.