Friday, July 9, 2010

Taking it to the next level

Today Jenn is 32 weeks. Given that she is likely to give birth before 40 weeks it's time to start the next phase of the adoptive breastfeeding protocol, which is pumping and herb consumption. Given the size of the herbs it seems likely that I can just stop eating and survive on these alone! I have taken my first dose and cannot lie, I did gag. I hope it gets easier, I hate to think of the amount of calories in the orange juice I am going to have to drink to get these horse pills down each day. I am in two minds on the pumping. I'm excited to start, just to see if it works and but I'm not looking forward to being tied to such a heavy schedule especially while looking after the high maintenance little people. For the first couple of days the suggestions is to pump every two hours and after that every three hours, and yes that's all through the night too!!

I might as well get used to the lack of sleep, it seems from here on out between the little people, pumping and baby Evan's arrival, sleeping for more than a few hours at a time will be a thing of the past! I can't wait for my Mum to arrive to help me through this exciting but quite frankly overwhelmingly tough time!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Just think--when Evan comes you won't even be tired because you have been getting up all night long anyway. :)

Kirsten, Chris, Jacob, Sarah & Evan said...

Thanks Jenn, I feel better now (not!)