Thursday, September 9, 2010

So tired ~ it sneaked up on me!!

For the first time since Evan was born (other than the night he arrived) I've started to feel exhausted. I think I've been pretty lucky to get to nearly a month without the feeling of tiredness setting in! He's such a good boy and sleeps well at night, I'm only up once or twice with him, but add that to also getting up with the twins and it's starting to take it's toll.

I love the advice all the baby books give "nap when the baby naps!", yeah right, try doing that when you have three year old twins!

I wish!!!!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nap when they are in school. Institute a quiet time where they have to stay in their room or on the couch playing queitly. Nap while they watch a movie. Get a sitter so that you can nap, haha! Get Evan on a schedule so that his naps line up with the twins quiet time. Hope you feel less tired soon! It's hard, E was only 15 months when O was born, so he couldn't play on his own or do anythinf for himself without me! So stressful!

N said...

I second Jenn - gotta get him on a schedule. :) But, even when you start that process it takes a bit - much easier to dictate what S & J are doing at this point. So I would work to solve the issue that they are getting up during the night right now so they don't need to be attended to. They used to sleep fine so it sounds like a bad habit now? I don't know why they are waking up so I don't have any specific advice, but I would try to make that issue go away first and foremost.

I always laughed at "nap while the baby naps" too, even when I didn't have other kids...there were always too many things to do!