Thursday, March 4, 2010

First O/B appointment

Today is our first O/B appointment. Well actually, it's not Jenn's first appointment but it is mine. I'm nervous about it. I have been to many medical appointments of course, but all at our fertility clinic, where sadly I do feel at home. At that clinic they understand me, I don't need to explain myself or my situation, it's so normal to them, we've been going there for so long and they know me so well, I don't even have to say anything, they can tell how I feel from the look on my face!

The new O/B is going to be a different story. We have an unusual situation and I'm so tired at this point of being different and having to explain myself!

I have no idea what happens at these type of appointments and I feel like a fraud going to a pregnancy related appointment without being pregnant!! On the positive side I'm hoping Jenn gets an ultrasound today, I can't wait to see our baby, it's been so long since I've seen the little one and I've missed her!!

More later.

1 comment:

N said...

To be honest, I usually felt more of an afterthought at OB appointments rather than abnormal. They really don't care much about your background story, it's just about making sure Jenn and the baby are healthy (as it should be). I don't feel they ever took much of an interest in the "intriguing" part of our whole situation. In a way I WANTED them to sort of embrace the uniqueness of the journey with us (rather than it all being so NORMAL)! It depends on the doctor though I guess. So you'll have to post how your doctor handles it!