Friday, July 24, 2009

Did I speak too soon?

I just received a call from the clinic to tell me that my antral follicle count today was low and so instead of reducing the amount of follistim from the average amount (300 units) to the expected 225 units due to previous overstimming, it is going to be increased to 450 units for the first three days and the clinic plans to monitor me more closely.

I won't lie, I'm a little freaked out. The one thing I've always been able to do well is produce a huge number of eggs, and it seems that it's possible that I can't even do that now.

We NEED a large number to do PGD (genetic testing). If we don't get enough I don't know what the plan will be? Transfer to Jenn on day three and forget the PGD altogether, or freeze whatever we do get on day one and start the whole process all over again to get more embryos?

I'm feeling pretty worthless right now.

Friday just went south.

No comments: