Friday, July 24, 2009

Time to take a breath and calm down

Three posts in one day? Things are really hotting up!

So, I've had a little *talk* from both Jenn and Chris and been bought back to my senses. It's just too early to call it. I will turn my *freak out* meter down to "not enough information yet" and forget all I heard today. I can't change it.

On the plus side, I *heart* Dr W. He is going in aggressive with all guns blazing. He knows how much this cycle means to us and how much we have invested in it.

Cycle #7 + PGD + Jenn = VERY IMPORTANT!!!!

Go eggs!

(I will talk to my eggs. It works for plants, right?!)

1 comment:

N said...

oh my, I've been "out" sick for a few days and look at all the updates I missed!

I have to tell you that the freak out level will remain at an all time high during this cycle in all likelihood. Not that that's ideal, but I just wanted to tell you I think it's normal when you reach the point of surrogacy. It feels like the last hurrah; it feels like there is so much invested at this point that it leaves you constantly on edge. I totally understand. BUT that said, there is nothing...NOTHING...that will happen mid cycle that will predict if this will work. We had all our good embryos die before freezing. I thought for sure that meant the two we transferred were bad. Put bluntly, you either make good embryos or you don't; whether you have enough to test with PGD won't change how good they are. It will just change whether you get the extra information. Surrogacy will work if the problem is with your uterus, and it won't if it's worth the embryos. In the meantime, if you have 5 embryos or 25, that's not going to change the outcome. So try to think of it as out of your control - the cycle specifics in ALL likelihood won't change a thing, whether this one is better or worse than the others.

Don't put too much pressure on yourself. :)