Friday, August 13, 2010

The drama of 37 weeks!!

This morning Jenn had her usual weekly appointment at 37 weeks exactly. It was going well until the midwife measured the fluid around the baby and decided it was too low. It was at 7 and it needs to be above 8. We were sent to the hospital for a non stress test where the fluid was determined to be fine (it measured 13 on their ultrasound) however when monitoring Evan's heartbeat they noticed it dipped down from approximately 145 to 120 or 110 every so often. We were told it might mean he is in distress and Jenn and I tried to prepare ourselves for the fact that we might be staying at the hospital for an emergency delivery.

We were sent to labor and delivery for additional testing where everything calmed down a little and the heartbeat stayed more constant. Finally we were allowed to go home with an appointment to come back on Monday for another stress test.

Jenn believes it will all kick off this weekend, but I'm holding judgement on that one. Jenn was 1cm dilated, so who knows what that means? If we make it until Monday I'll be much better organized when we go to the appointment with bag in tow, and an expectation that we won't make it home without baby Evan on the outside!

eta; I was a bit of a basket case at the apt today. We had an u/s which doesn't usually happen and of course I was so overwhelmed at seeing Evan again that I had a little sniffle. As Jenn quite rightly pointed out, I am going to be a total mess when he actually arrives in the world, I admit it I'm emotionally unstable!

2 comments:

mamajenn said...

SOOOOOO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Donnadman said...

Oh My! I love reading your words! OMG!!!!!!! I miss you so and can't wait to see ALL of you!!! xoxoxo

Wishing Jenn an easy delivery!