Wednesday, August 25, 2010

An excellent follow up!

Today we went back for another doctors appointment and I'm excited to say that Evan is already back to his birth weight!! He has gained 4oz in a week which is above the minimum expected. Usually babies regain their birth weight around 2 weeks and Evan did it in 10 days, I'm so proud!!

I can now stop worrying about whether Evan is getting enough milk, it seems like he will certainly tell us if he needs more, since he is currently doing wonderfully!

Since I am inducing lactation and it's unknown how much milk I can produce the doctor is going to weigh him again in a week to make sure he is still on target. I think I am going to make another appointment at the breastfeeding clinic so I can see how well I am doing with my milk supply.

Today I am relieved and a little encouraged.

Thank you to everyone who has sent me advice or words of encouragement, I am listening and I'm not ready to give up breastfeeding quite yet.

No comments: